Receive a Payment from a Customer
Create a customer receipt whenever you receive a cash, check, credit card, or electronic funds transfer (EFT) payment from a customer. You can apply a payment to an invoice or record it as an on-account amount.
- On the Enter Customer Receipts screen, enter the details of the customer payment and assign it to a posting group.
- Generate a lien release record for the payment.
- Review the customer payments in the posting group on the Cash Receipts Posting Journal screen.
- Modify the details of the customer payment and assign it to a different posting group, if needed.
- Post the customer payments in the posting group.