Create an Inventory Usage Entry
Create an inventory usage entry to move items from inventory to a profit center. This allows you to record when you use inventory on a project or piece of equipment and account for that usage in the general ledger.
- On the Enter Inventory Usage screen, enter the details of the inventory usage and assign it to a posting group.
- Review the inventory usage in the posting group on the Inventory Usage Posting Journal screen.
- Modify the details of the inventory usage, if needed.
- Create the pick list of items to pull from inventory.
- Post the inventory usage in the posting group.Important: Enter inventory entries in the order they occurred. Always post inventory entries immediately to ensure that inventory quantities and values are updated correctly.