Generate Forms 1099 and 1096 (End-of-Year Vendor Tasks for the U.S.)
Businesses in the United States are required by law to report payment of certain types of non-employee income to federal agencies after the final payments have been processed for a tax year.
- Determine the number of Forms 1099 that you will need for your year-end activities.
- Contact Trimble Viewpoint to order your Forms 1099.Note: You don't need to order forms for 1099-NEC nor for any 1099 forms filed electronically using Aatrix. See Aatrix Report Filing for more information.
- Ensure that your accounts payable is complete for the year that just ended (that is, you have printed, posted, and distributed all checks).
- If you want to verify the accuracy of the information on your Forms 1099, review each Form 1099 on-screen and make changes, as needed.There are a few reasons that you might want to review this information, including:
- You don't have complete transaction data entered for the tax year because it was your first year using ProContractor and you didn't load your initial balances.
- You haven't set up all of the required vendor information in ProContractor.
- Print a Form 1099-NEC for each vendor, if applicable.
- Print a Form 1099-MISC for each vendor, if applicable.
- Print a Form 1099-INT for each vendor, if applicable.
- Generate a file for Forms 1099 to submit electronically.
- Generate a Forms 1099 Summary Report.
- Use the information from the Forms 1099 Summary Report to manually complete your Form 1096.