Update Similar Cost Items
When you edit a cost item on the Estimate, Alternates, or Change Orders tab, you can update similar cost items based on the cost-related information in the edited cost item. You can select the cost-related fields, including production rates, and the cost items that will be updated.
Once you update similar cost items, you must recalculate the estimate. See Recalculate the Estimate for more information.
- Note: Financial Cost items cannot be updated using the Update Items Similar to popup window.
- Note: Units for visual assemblies cannot be updated using the Update Items Similar to popup window.
- Note: The Markup field cannot be updated using the Update Items Similar to popup window if the cost item has a parent cost item and the parent contains a markup.
- Note: When changing production rate, the similar items must also have a production rate (Hourly Rate option button must be selected in the Cost Item window) and the items must have the same unit.
- Note: The Update Items Similar to popup window will not appear if the production rate is changed on an assembly. Also, changes to a production rate will not appear on cost items within an assembly, because the production rate is calculated from the assembly not the member cost items.