Install a Service Pack
To install a service pack, you must be running the corresponding major version. For example, to install service pack version 4.2.4, you must already be running the major version 4.2.0.
You can find additional information about versions at ProContractor Upgrade Paths.
- Log in as an administrator to your server.
- Double-click the installation file for the .ProContractor service pack that you downloaded earlier.
- Complete the following steps on the License Agreement page:
- If needed, click Print to print the agreement.
- Click Third Party Software Used to read the third party software notices and additional terms and conditions.
- Select the appropriate option button and click Next.Note: You can proceed only by accepting the terms of the license agreement.
- If you want to extract the service pack installation file to the default location, click Next. Otherwise, click Browse and navigate to select the appropriate folder and click Next.Tip: You can extract the installation file to any location. However, for best results, extract it to a local drive.
- Review the message about installing on the server and click the appropriate button.
- In the Server field, use the default for the database instance or enter the database instance for Viewpoint Estimating in the format
- In the Database field, do one of the following:
- If you want to apply the service pack to the default Estimating database on the server, select the first option. (If only one database exists, only one database is updated.)
- If you want to apply the service pack to specific databases, select the Specific Databases option and click to select the database.CAUTION: You must apply the service pack to a database in order to open that database in ProContractor.
To avoid errors with reports when applying a hotfix, you should select only the MaxAppDB.
- Click Install.
- When the installation program completes, click Close.
- If you are installing a standalone system, the next step is to review the list of considerations after upgrading.
- If you are upgrading a peer-to-peer network or a server-based network, the next step is upgrading the workstations.