Setting Up a Permanent Alternate Payee - Automatic Selection of Invoices
The following procedure will explain how to set up an alternate payee where invoices are automatically selected to be paid on the joint check.
- On the Site Map, click .
- Click the Payment Selection button.
Enter the vendor code to whom payment is being made, or double-click on this field to select from a list of available vendor codes.
In the detail portion of the screen, all items to be paid to the vendor display (including the alternate payee items).
Click OK to select the
Tip: Remember that alternate payees can be processed during your normal A/P check run.
- On the Payment Processing menu, click the Alternate Payees button.
- In the Vendor field, enter the vendor code to whom payment is being made, double-click on this field to select from a list of available vendor codes.
- Your cursor will move to the detail portion of the screen. Click New.
- In the Line field, type the number 2.
- In the field, enter the alternate payee’s name and press Enter.
- Spectrum will default the vendor’s name and address in each of the subsequent detail fields. Make modifications to the address information as needed.
- Make sure that the One time checkbox is clear.
When the Invoices Selected for Current Processing Group window displays, in
the Payee amount field, enter in the amount you want to pay
the alternate payee.
Note: You do not have to pay the full amount to the alternate payee.
- In the Check remarks field, enter in any check remarks. These remarks will appear on the alternate payee’s check.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Repeat until all invoices have been selected for the alternate payee.
- Continue the check cycle following your normal payment processing procedure.