Part I - Complete the Header Fields
Learn about Completing the Header Fields.
- Enter a Batch code or accept the code that defaults. Information about the current batch of unposted invoices displays, including the number of invoices and credit memos.
- Enter a Vendor code. For steps on setting up a new vendor code, Adding a New Vendor.
- Enter an Invoice # or use the drop-down arrow to select from a list of available invoices and credit memos.
- The Invoice type defaults as Invoice but you may use the drop-down arrow to select Credit Memo instead.
- In the Purchase order field, enter a PO number only if the invoice being entered is to be applied against a purchase order; otherwise, leave this field blank.
In the Subcontract field, enter a subcontract number only if the invoice being entered is to be applied against a subcontract. Once entered, the subcontract totals will display in the upper right hand of the header.
Note: The fields that display next will depend on the type of transaction being entered.
- Enter the G/L date. This field only displays for unposted transactions.
- Enter the Entry date, This field only displays for unapproved transactions.
- Enter the Invoice date. This is the date that will be used in calculating the invoice due date.
- At the Total before tax field, enter the total invoice dollar amount (without tax) as a positive number.
- Enter the Sales tax amount, if applicable.
- The Total amount displays. This amount includes the sales tax. No changes are allowed.