Processing Invoices Over a Two-Month Span
During the first few days of a new month and until the prior month is closed, it is common to have to process invoices for two months – the previous month and the new month. The following procedure provides a strategy for entering invoices into the correct G/L period at month end.
Use the A/P Processing Date Change option to set the G/L date for the module. The A/P module will use this date for the remainder of your Spectrum session. This is a handy way to set the date and process invoices for the previous month. The system will retain this date until you log out of Spectrum.
- Sort the invoices into two piles, one for the previous month and one for the new month.
- On the Site Map, click Processing Date Change.
In the Current Settings window, enter the last day of the previous month.
Note: The error message Date entered is not within current minimum and maximum date range will appear if the date entered is not within those set on the Processing Date Change screen in System Administration. See your Controller or System Administrator for assistance.
- Click OK to return to the main menu.
- Click . The last day of the month automatically defaults in the G/L date field.
- Process the prior month’s invoices.
- Once you have processed the prior month's invoices, click .
- In the Date field, enter the today's date and click OK.
- On the Site Map, click Vendor Invoices.
- Process the current month’s invoices.
When the entry is complete, click the
It is not necessary to separate out the two sets of invoices. Spectrum will book the invoices automatically to their respective G/L date during the update.