Vendor Invoice Entry - Cost Center Information
If the cost center feature is enabled in the Enterprise Installation screen, the Cost center field displays just beneath the Remarks field to allow you to designate an invoice cost center (when applicable), even for job-specific invoices.
The following hierarchy is used to determine the cost center in the invoice header when a subcontract is not specified:
- The specified cost center is used if only one cost center is defined for this operator.
- The specified cost center is used if only one cost center is defined for the vendor.
- The last cost center entered for the current session.
Spectrum performs a series of cost center validations during entry:
- Spectrum allows your operator to add an invoice for a vendor only if you have permission to access that vendor. The software compares the vendor's list of shared cost centers with cost centers in your assigned cost center scheme, and if there are no common cost centers, then invoice entry for that vendor is not allowed.
- Also, when the Cash Management module is present, the bank account for any pre-paid checks must be compatible with the cost center of the invoice. If the invoice is "purchased with credit card," the credit card account must be compatible with the cost center already specified in the invoice header.
- When the Cash Management module is NOT present, the G/L account for the pre-paid check must be compatible with the cost center of the invoice.
When the operator changes the work order in the A/P Invoice Detail window, the software will automatically adjust the cost center assigned to the distribution line. Entry of a new work order will be disallowed if the Operator does not have permission for the new cost center.