Processing Recurring Invoices
A recurring invoice is a pre-formatted, standardized billing invoice that can be created on an ongoing basis without you having to re-enter all the information every time it needs to be submitted.
- Click the Update button.
- Select Report of items to process and click Print. The Selections window automatically displays.
- Complete the G/L date and Batch code fields.
In the Batch frequency
field enter the frequency code (for example, M for 'Monthly', Q for Quarterly, Y
for 'Yearly', or ALL) and then click Save.
Tip: You can create coding schemes of up to three alpha-numeric units. For example, assume that you have different monthly recurring invoices for Division 1 and for Division 2. When you create Division 1 recurring invoices, enter MD1 as the batch frequency. Division 2 would then be set up as MD2 and so on.
- Review the listing to verify the accuracy.
- On the Recurring Invoice Update screen, select Continue and then click OK until you return to the Site Map. The recurring invoices have now been created in Invoice / Credit Memo Entry, which is where you can make changes to the invoices before they are updated to the software.
- On the Site Map, click .
Click the Print button and
then the print recurring invoices.
Note: Recurring invoices that were set up with the Print Status checkbox selected will not have to be printed.
- Click Update to continue processing these invoices. It will be necessary for you to print the Sales Journal and update the batch before these items appear on the customer accounts.