Cash Receipts Entry by Invoice
Use this window to enter the list of invoice numbers listed on the remittance advice of the payment.
- Enter a valid invoice or transaction number in the Invoice/check field.
- The Transaction type will default based on the invoice or credit memo entered above.
- The Invoice date and Invoice total will display below. Click the lookup icon to view additional information for the invoice.
- The Current balance for the invoice displays.
- Enter a Current applied amount for this receipt. If the invoice number is already applied to this receipt, the current applied amount previously recorded will default in this field. Otherwise, this field will display the 'Applied amount' from the Cash Receipts/Adjustment Entry screen based on the outstanding current balance of the transaction on that row.
- The Retention balance for the invoice displays.
- Enter a Retention applied amount for this receipt. If the invoice number is already applied to this receipt, the retention applied amount previously recorded will default. Otherwise, this field will default to 0.00.
- The Undistributed balance amount will update based on the amounts entered in the Current applied and Retention applied fields.
- Click OK to record the entry and start a new entry. The Previous entry half of this window will display the last entered receipt. This is helpful when adding a long list of invoices.