Removing Paid Items from the A/R Aged Open Items Report
Periodically, you may want to remove fully-paid invoices from the Accounts Receivable Aged Open Item Report.
- On the Site Map, click .
- In the Customer code field, enter the code of the customer from whom you are clearing the paid item(s).
- In the Transaction type field, enter the transaction type code to indicate the payment/adjustment being entered.
- In the Reference # field, press Enter to accept the next sequential number.
- In the Date field, enter the date you want this transaction to post to.
In the Amount field, enter the
number zero (0).
Note: You will receive a mandatory input message if you attempt to press Enter to bypass this field.
- Complete the fields in the Cash Receipts / Adjustments Entry Selections window as desired and then click OK.
- In the details portion of the Cash Receipts / Adjustments Entry screen, locate the items that you want to net together.
In the Paid/adjusted field,
enter the open amount for each item until the amount in the Distribution balance
field is zero.
Note: Enter the number as it displays in the Balance field. For example, if the Balance field has a negative number, enter a negative number in the Paid/adjusted field.
- Click OK until the Update button displays and then click the Update button.
- On the Cash Receipts Journal screen, complete the Customer, FromG/L date, and Through G/L date fields and then click Preview.
- Review the listing.
- On the CashReceiptsUpdate screen, select Continue and then click OK to post the adjustment(s).