Removing Paid Items from the Open Customers and Contract Inquiry
Periodically, you may want to remove fully paid items from the Accounts Receivable Cusomers and the Contract Inquiry.
The second option is to perform the procedure below.
- On the Site Map, click Cash Receipts/Adjustment.
- In the Customer code field, enter the code of the customer from whom you are receiving the payment.
- In the Transaction type field, enter the transaction type code to indicate the payment/adjustment being entered.
- In the Reference # field, press Enter to accept the next sequential number.
- In the Date field, enter the date you want this transaction to post to.
In the Amount field, enter the
number zero (0).
Note: You will receive a mandatory input message if you attempt to press Enter to bypass this field.
- Complete the fields in the Cash Receipts / Adjustments Entry Selections window as desired and then click OK.
- In the details portion of the Cash Receipts / AdjustmentsEntry screen, locate the items that you want to net together.
In the Paid/adjusted field,
enter the open amount for each item until the amount in the Distribution balance
field is zero.
Note: Enter the number as it displays in the Balance field. For example, if the Balance field has a negative number, enter a negative number in the Paid/adjusted field.
- Click OK until the Update button displays and then click the Update button.
- On the Cash Receipts Journal screen, complete the Customer, From G/L date, and Through G/L date fields, and then click Preview.
- Review the listing.
- On the CashReceipts Update screen, select Continue and then click OK to post the adjustment(s).