Entering Cash Receipts by Invoice Number
The following procedure explains how to enter cash receipts by invoice number.
- On the Site Map, click .
- Complete the Customer code, Transaction type, and Check # fields.
- Optional Step: In the Aba # field, enter the ABA number for the checked.
- Complete the transaction Date and check Amount fields. The Cash Receipts / Adjustment Entry Selections window automatically displays.
- Click the Invoice button. The Invoice Selection window automatically displays.
- In the Inv/chk # field, enter the invoice number.
- In the invoice Type field, enter I for Invoice for C for Credit memo.
- Complete the Inv/chk # and invoice Type fields for any remaining invoice numbers for this payment.
- Click OK until the cursor is in the Discount field on the Cash Receipts / AdjustmentEntry screen and then press Enter once.
In the Paid/adjusted field,
enter the amount received on the check.
Tip: Click the Apply button to automatically default the current balance due for this transaction.
- Repeat until all of the cash is applied.
- Click OK until you return to the Site Map.