Entering Invoices to Clear Vendor History
This procedure is the first step in paying an Accounts Payable invoice with an Accounts Receivable check.
- On the Site Map, click .
- Click the G/L date button to change the date to today's date.
- At the Vendor code field, enter the code for the vendor for whom you will issue an A/R check.
- At the Invoice # field, enter an invoice number. You may want to use the original invoice number, plus a reference code (for example, 1001REF).
- At the Amount field, enter the amount you are offsetting in the vendor history file.
- Press Enter repeatedly until the Properties window appears.
- Review the information contained in the Properties window, and click OK.
- At the Account code field, enter your miscellaneous expense code or suspense code.
- At the Amount field, press Enter to accept the amount that displays based on the amount you entered in the Invoice portion of the screen. Click OK.
- The Invoice totals window displays. Select the Enter next invoice option, and then click OK.
- Click the Update button.
- On the A/P Transaction Register screen, select the G/L account option and then click Preview , depending on whether you want to retain a hard copy of the register for your records.
On the A/P Transaction Update
screen, select Continue and then click
The credit balance in the selected vendor's history is now cleared.