Process Draw Request Billings
Complete the following steps for future draw requests.
- On the Site Map, click .
- Click the Preview button to print the draw request worksheet for the project manager so she/he can write in the amounts to be billed for the current application, and click OK until you return to the main menu.
- In the Action 1: Recognize revenue and cost revisions, billing allowed as appropriate, and then click OK until you return to the main menu. screen, update any applicable change requests to a status code associated with
- On the Site Map, click .
- Update the status of applicable change orders to an action 1 status code as appropriate, and then click OK to return to the main menu.
- On the Site Map, click Transfer Changes button. and then click the
- Complete the Job and Customer fields and then press Enter.
- Select the Bill checkbox for each change order and change request that you want to transfer to the current application and then click OK until you return to the Draw Request Billing Entry screen. Only change orders and change requests that have a status associated with an action code 1 status code will appear and be available for selection. The selected change orders will be added to the current draw request application and will appear on subsequent draw requests.
- Complete the Job, Customer, Application#, Applicationdate, Period to (date), and Architect's project # fields. Click the Details button.
- In the Fixed Price Contract Detail window, press Enter to view all bill items.
- Enter current period draw request dollar values or job-to-date completion percentages. Click OK until you return to the Draw Request Billing Entry screen. If you enter the dollar value, the job-to-date percentage will calculate automatically and vice versa.
- Optional: Perform any applicable retention overrides and then click OK until you return to the Draw Request Billing Entry screen.
- Click the Summary button.
- Verify (and modify, if applicable) the overall retainage override and sales tax amounts and then click OK.
- If you want to bill for retainage (because this is the final draw request of the job), change the retention percentage to zero (0.0%) in Summary Billing Entry.
- Click OK to return to Draw Request Billing Entry and then click Preview.
- On the Print Draw Billing Worksheet screen, select the draw requests you want to print, click Preview to review the draw request forms(s) for accuracy.
- On the Draw Request Billing Entry screen, click the Update Draws button.
- On the Update Draws To Invoice Entry screen, complete the Batch code field. Updating a draw request will create an invoice in . This batch code will automatically be assigned to the newly created unposted invoice.
- In the Options section, select from the following sort options: Entry by date or Entry by application number, and then click the Display button.
- Optional: If you select Entry by date, the Draw Request Update window displays. Enter the date range and then click OK.
- Optional: If you select Entry by application
number, complete the Job,
Customer, App #, G/L
date, Inv date fields, and then select the
OK and Next checkboxes for each draw
request to be updated.
- Click OK until the Update window displays. Select Continue to preview the Update to Customer Invoice Entry report.
- On the Sales Journal / Update screen, complete the Customer number, Job, Batchcode, From G/L date, and To G/L date fields. At this point, the invoice for the draw request application has been created. This step updates the invoice from to the customer's account and updates the General Ledger.
- Click the Preview button.
- On the Sales Journal Update screen, select Continue and then click OK until you return to the Site Map.