Recording Sales Tax on a Draw Request
The following procedure will generally be used when recording multiple sales tax on a draw request.
- On the Site Map, click .
Click the Summary
Note: If the Spectrum window appears, click OK to continue to the Summary Draw Request screen.
- At the Job field, enter the job number for the draw request you are modifying, and then press Enter.
- At the Customer field, press Enter to accept the customer code that defaults based on your job selection in step 1.
- At the Application # field, enter the application number for the draw request you are storing and press Enter.
- At the Retainage field, press Enter four times to advance to the Tax code field.
- Click the Tax Allocation button to display the Sales Tax Allocation window.
At the Code field, enter the
first sales tax code you want to assign this application and press
Note: You can assign up to six tax codes to a given application.
At the Amount field, enter the amount you want to apply to this sales tax
Note: Amounts entered here should collectively total what is being billed. For example, if you're billing $10,000 and want to split the billing three ways, the sum of the splits must equal $10,000.
- At the Tax field, press Enter to accept the tax rate the software has calculated based on the tax code and amount you selected.
- Repeat steps 8- 10 to assign additional tax codes to the selected application number.