Reverse an Invoice
Use this procedure to reverse an open invoice, for instance, when all merchandise on an invoice is returned.
Enter the customer code for whom this invoice is
being reversed. The complete customer description displays, followed by the
customer's address, city, state and zip. If the customer's status is set to Not
used, no entry is allowed.
Note: When invoices are reversed using this screen, the bill-to code specified in the window for the original item will be transferred.
- Enter the invoice number you want to reverse. Use the Open A/R Items window to look up and select an invoice to be reversed. Invoices and credit memos that display here have already been posted, and therefore may not be changed through Invoice Entry; a reversing entry must be made.
- Select either Invoice or Credit memo from the Invoice type drop-down menu.
- The batch code for this invoice defaults.
- Enter the G/L date. The fiscal year and period that correspond with the G/L date display to the right of this field.
- The invoice date for this reversal displays. If the Invoice date must be in G/L period? checkbox is selected on the Accounts Receivable Installation screen, then the invoice date must be in the same fiscal period as the G/L date.
- Enter any remarks for this invoice, or select from one of the existing customer invoice messages.
- Click Continue to reverse the invoice and proceed to the Sales Journal / Update screen.