Create a Valid List for Alpha Types
User-defined alpha types should be used to create consistency in data entry. The alpha-numeric format supports up to 20 characters of entry, as well as a validated table to select from. Follow these steps to create a list of acceptable answers.
- Navigate to the User-Defined Fields Maintenance screen where you want to create a list of valid answers.
- Highlight the user-defined field and click Edit, or click New to add a new field.
- Select the Validated? checkbox. The Validation Codes button will appear below.
- Click the Validations Code button.
- Enter alpha-numeric entries and corresponding descriptions.
- Click OK.