Part A – Adding and applying the fee to a G/L account
Learn how to add and apply the fee to a G/L account.
- On the Site Map screen, click .
- In the Bank account field, enter the bank account to which the service fees were issued.
- In the G/L date field, the current G/L period end date defaults. Press Enter to accept this date.
- In the Statement date field, the current bank statement date defaults. Press Enter to accept this date.
- In the Opening balance field, the opening balance on the account defaults. Press Enter to accept this amount.
- At the Ending balance field, the ending balance on the account defaults. Press Enter to accept this amount. If this is a new account, the ending balance will not default; you will have to enter this amount manually.
- Click the Adjustments button.
- Click the Deductions button.
- In the Date field, enter the date the bank charge was applied to the account and press Enter. The date entered must fall within the current statement date.
- In the Reference field, enter the G/L check reference you want to apply to the transaction.
- In the Description field, enter a description (up to 30 characters) of the transaction, for example, Bank service fee.
- In the Amount field, enter the bank charge amount.
- In the GL Code field, enter the G/L account code to which you want to apply the bank charge.