Reconciling a Credit Card Statement
Learn how to reconcile a credit card statement.
- Navigate to the screen.
- Complete the Credit card account, G/L date, and Statement date fields.
- In the Ending balance field, enter the credit card statement's ending balance.
- If using sub-accounts, click the drill-down icon to open the Statement Transaction Totals by Card window. Using the credit card statement, enter the totals by individual card in this window.
- In the Total transactions per statement field, verify that you entered the card properly. Modify if necessary.
- In the detail portion of the screen, select transactions that display on both the credit card statement and in Spectrum, and then click the Select button. A green check mark will display to the right of all transactions that are selected.
- Continue reconciling until the Difference field is blank (zero).
- Click Update. The Credit Card Reconciliation Update screen displays.
- In the Credit card account field, enter the credit card to be updated.
- Select Continueto complete the update, or select Cancel.
- Click OK.