Recording Wire Transfers
Learn how to record wire transfers. Wire transfers can be a third-party transfer, inter-company transfer, or an inter-bank transfer.
- On the Site Map screen, click .
- In the Bank account field, enter the code associated with the bank account the money is coming from.
- In the Wire # field, enter the wire transfer number or press Enter to accept the next available wire transfer number.
- In the Transfer type field, select the Bank (internal transfer) option if this is a inter-bank transfer; otherwise select the Payment (third party) option.
- In the Amount field, enter the dollar amount of the wire transfer.
- In the Memo field, enter a reason for the entire wire transfer.
- In the Comp field, enter the company code for the company receiving the wire transfer's money. To accept the default of the current company, press Enter.
- In the Bank account field, enter the "transfer to" bank account code if the Transfer type field is set to Bank (internal transfer). If this is a third-party transfer and the Transfer type field is set to Payment (third party), enter the G/L code to be associated with the transaction. The Account description field defaults based on the information in the Bank account field; therefore, no entry is allowed in the description field.
- In the Amount field, enter the dollar amount for the selected "to" account. The total amount of the wire transfer's line items has to equal the dollar amount in the Amount field in the Wire Information section of the screen.
- In the Memo field, enter a memo specific to the line item or press Enter to accept the software default of the text entered in the Memo field in the Transfer information section of the screen.
- Click OK and then click Update.