Adding a New Bank Account
Learn how to establish a new bank account for your company.
- On the Site Map screen, click .
- Click the New button.
- Enter a unique Account code. This code is one you determine, not the bank, and it may include letters and/or numbers.
In the Account section, complete the Account name, Account number (as assigned by your bank), Telephone, and Fax fields.
Select 'Bank' from the Account type dialog box.
- In the Contact section, complete the Account representative field and related fields (this information is optional, but may be helpful if you have one person assigned to help oversee your account).
- On the Details tab, enter check number 1 in the Last check # field. Select the Separate check sequence for manual checks? checkbox if you plan to use different check stock for hand-written and computer-generated checks. Select the Post 'H' for manual (hand) checks? checkbox if you want to update Accounts Payable payment records with a preceding 'H' designation (for hand check) as part of the check number.
- Click OK to save your new bank account information and return to the Account Code File Maintenance screen.