Payroll Month-End Processing
Confirm the Processing Date is set for the month you are closing.
Month-end date: __________________________
Transaction cut-off date: ____________________
Responsible person: _______________________
Date reconciled: __________________________
A payroll period is over after the last check for the month is printed and before the first check is issued for the next month. Always use the check date, not the pay period end date, in determining the end of the period.
Confirm the following daily processes are completed:
- - Confirm the last payroll is completed. The Update Payroll or Set New Cycle should be checked.
- – Print the PR Trial Balance for 'Exceptions only'. Ensure the report is blank, meaning there are no exceptions.
- – Print the History Trial Balance for 'Exceptions only'. Ensure the report is blank, meaning there are no exceptions.
Month End Accounting Reports to Retain
Because most of these reports are printed each week, it is recommended that you retain a soft copy of the following reports on a monthly basis:
- P/R G/L Distribution Report
- Earnings History Report
- State Tax History Report
- Time Card History Report
- Voluntary Deduction History Report
- Payroll Register
- Certified Payroll
- OCIP Reports
- Workers Compensation Rate Per $100
- Quarterly Federal Tax
- Unemployment Tax
- Employment Utilization Report
- New Hire/Terminated Report - Crystal version
- – Do a monthly run to have a copy of the changes to EE's file – does not show deductions.
Clear Month to Date
- Note: At the end of the quarter, do a Quarter Clear. – Check the selection under . The Period End Clear resets month-to-date and quarter-to-date
amounts for deductions. This is critical for deductions with monthly maximums.
Change Processing Dates
- - Change the processing dates to reflect the new period.