Create a Custom Report Using the Copy Feature
Follow these steps to create a custom report based on an existing Spectrum report.These instructions include steps on how to customize the report in Crystal Reports software.
- Open the report starting screen for the report you want to generate.
- Click the My Reports button.
- In the My Reports window, click the Setup button.
- In the My Reports Maintenance window, click the Copy button.
- A copy of the existing report displays at the top of the list in the Copy Report window. Select this report and click OK.
- In the New Report window, type a new description for the report, write down the file name (this will always begin with an "X"), change the security setting if needed, and click OK.
- In the My Reports Maintenance window, select the new report, and then click the Download To Modify button. This button allows you to download a copy of the current report, amend it, and then use "Save As" to save a copy of the new report to your workstation. Then you can use the Upload button from the New Report window to import the report to the report directory.
- At your workstation, open Crystal Reports.
- Open the report file using Crystal Reports, and make the desired changes to the report.
- Save your changes and close the report.Your new report will now display in the My Reports list every time you open the window from this report screen.