Info Bar FAQs
Find answers to common questions about the Info Bar.
- What is the Info Bar and where is it located?
- The Info Bar, a new feature in Spectrum version 14, shows data and links for the records currently being referenced. It is located on the left or right side of the screen.
- What is the Info Bar used for?
The Info Bar has three primary purposes.
- Data: It displays key information of the selected item.
- Navigational Links: It can be used to navigate to different screens while still retaining the record in context. This means that you can view information without having to back out to a menu and re-entering selections.
- Report Templates: When calling up a report from the Info Bar, the code automatically defaults on the start screen.
- Where will I find Info Bars in Spectrum?
- The following is a list of some of the places where you can
find Info Bars in version 14:
- Service Contract
- How is the Info Bar organized?
- In general, each Info Bar contains the following
- Properties: Includes maintenance and setup screens.
- Financials: Provides a variety of inquiry screens showing dollar amounts and other key information.
- Documentation: Find Notepad and Document Imaging here.
- Entry: Includes typical data entry screens.
- Reports: A subset of the most popular reports for this Info Bar.
In some instances, multiple Info Bars will be "stacked" in the side pane. For example, in Service Contracts, you will see a Service Contracts, Site, and Customer Info Bar in the pane.
- Does the Info Bar always have to be on the left side of the screen?
- No. Preferences allow you to set the Info Bar on the right or left side of the screen.
- Can I collapse the Info Bar until I need it?
- Yes. Use Preferences to temporarily collapse the Info Bar.