Info Bar FAQs
Answers to common questions about the Info Bar.
- What is the Info Bar and where is it located?
- The Info Bar shows data and links for the records currently being referenced. It is located on the left or right side of the screen.
- What is the Info Bar used for?
The Info Bar has three primary purposes.
- Data: It displays key information of the selected item.
- Navigational Links: It can be used to navigate to different screens while still retaining the record in context. This means that you can view information without having to back out to a menu and re-entering selections.
- Report Templates: When calling up a report from the Info Bar, the code automatically defaults on the start screen.
- Where will I find Info Bars?
- The following is a list of some of the places where you can find Info Bars:
- Service Contract
- How is the Info Bar organized?
- In general, each Info Bar contains the following categories:
- Properties: Includes maintenance and setup screens.
- Financials: Provides a variety of inquiry screens showing dollar amounts and other key information.
- Documentation: Find Notepad and Document Imaging here.
- Entry: Includes typical data entry screens.
- Reports: A subset of the most popular reports for this Info Bar.
In some instances, multiple Info Bars are "stacked" in the side pane. For example, in Service Contracts, there is a Service Contracts, Site, and Customer Info Bar in the pane.
- Does the Info Bar always have to be on the left side of the screen?
- No. Preferences allow you to set the Info Bar on the right or left side of the screen.
- Can I collapse the Info Bar until I need it?
- Yes. Use Preferences to temporarily collapse the Info Bar.