Use the following topic to update the Processing Dates, Pay Cycle and Fiscal calendars.
At Year End, maximum dates in all modules will need to move into the New Year. For Payroll, please use the Payroll Year End Checklist to help you decide when to advance the minimum and maximum dates into the New Year.
Make any necessary changes. Anyone else making entries in that company will need to wait until the screen is closed to process date based transactions.
Click Save or click the check mark in the upper right hand corner to return to the Site Map.
Pay Cycle Calendar
Use this function to set the default check date, period end date and period start dates in the Set Payroll Cycle Screen.
- Select the Utilize pay cycle calendar? option at tab.
- Navigate to .
- Click Build Calendar.
- Choose a pay frequency and enter an ending date to use on the next Pay Cycle.
- To skip a processing date, select the Processed checkbox next to the date to indicate that the date has already been used.
Fiscal Calendar Maintenance screen displays all fiscal years presently set up in the current company. This screen is also used to set and maintain Journal Entry sequence numbers and ending dates for each fiscal period. Entries made here control certain defaults and virtually every transaction updated to the General Ledger.
Normally, no changes are required in this screen. If changes are made, the dates on any historical transactions will not be changed.
- Go to .
- Click the New Year button. The Add New Fiscal Year window displays.
- Press Enter until all periods display.
- Click OK. Note: Use the Add New Fiscal Year window to add years to your fiscal calendar. After entering the number of periods, press Enter. The dates and period labels for the next future year default, but you are able to edit the period labels. Next, the Auto-Create Additional Fiscal Years window displays, allowing you to automatically create up to nine additional years based on the established settings.
- Display the new Fiscal Calendar.
- Review the new dates to verify the update.
- Click the check mark to save and exit the calendar.
- Go to Edit to make any necessary changes. and click