Modify a Dashboard
Once you have created a custom dashboard, using either the Create or Duplicate method, you can modify it by adding, removing, or reordering widgets.
Open the dashboard you wish to modify.
- Select the main menu , and then select the publication site, which includes the dashboard you want to modify.
- Select the name of the active dashboard, and then select the name of the dashboard you want to modify.
To add widgets to the dashboard:
Select the Manage icon in the
upper-right hand corner.
The Widget Library opens in the right-hand column.
From the Widget Library, you can filter the widgets by selecting a category from the drop-down menu under Select Category.
You can also search for a widget by typing in the Search field.
- From the Widget Library, select a widget and drag it into the blue frame to add it to the dashboard.
- Select the Manage icon in the upper-right hand corner.
Once you have added widgets to the dashboard you
can modify the layout in a number of ways.
- Re-order widgets by selecting and dragging them within the blue border.
- Resize a widget by selecting and dragging the bottom right-hand corner of the widget.
- To remove a widget, select the ellipses in the upper-right hand corner of the widget, and then select Remove.
You can configure how widgets will appear on
different screen sizes by using the Viewport Configuration menu.
For example, you may want widgets to appear in a certain order, from top to
bottom, when viewing your dashboard on a mobile device, and that may differ from
the order you want those same widgets to appear when viewing the dashboard on a
From the Viewport
Configuration menu, select a screen size option.
Consider the following when configuring viewport (screen size) options:
- X-Small and Small viewports generally apply to mobile devices.
- Medium and Large viewports generally apply to tablets.
- X-Large and XX-Large viewports generally apply to desktop monitors.
When you set the layout for a Viewport Configuration option, that setting applies to any screen size greater than the screen width value for that option, and less than or equal to the value for the next largest option, if there is one. For example, the layout for the 1200px setting applies to any screen size between 1201-1600 pixels in width. While the layout for the 1600px setting applies to any screen size greater than 1600 pixels in width.
When you change the position or size of a widget, that change applies only to the selected Viewpoint Configuration option.
However, when you add or remove a widget, that change applies to every Viewport Configuration option for the dashboard. By default, widgets are added to the upper left-hand corner of the dashboard. Trimble Viewpoint recommends editing the widget position for all Viewport Configuration options after adding or removing a widget.
To re-order the widgets, select the
Layout button, and then select and drag the widgets to
To undo your changes and return to the default layout, select the Clear Override button.
- From the Viewport Configuration menu, select a screen size option.
Select Save to publish the new
The new dashboard is now available in the drop-down menu when you select the down arrow next to the dashboard name.