Example Report: Show Costs by Phase
You can create a report that shows costs by phase to help identify poor performing phases.
- From the Viewpoint Analytics
Reports page, navigate to the folder for your
report.Note: Reports in the My Reports folder are only available to the user who creates them. Reports in thePublic Reports folder are available throughout your enterprise.Tip: If you create a report in the My Reports folder and want to make it available in the Public Reports folder, you can open the report, select the Additional Options button , and then Copy Report to save a copy of the report to Public Reports. Note that this requires an Analytics role of Admin.
- Select the Add button
in the upper right-hand corner.The Select Data Source dialog appears.
Select the Cost Detail data source, and
then select OK.
The New Report page appears.
- Add the Job Code field to the report by double-clicking it or by dragging it to the layout pane.
Filter on on the Job Code to see only the job(s) you're interested in.
- In the Job Code field, select the Additional Options button , and then select Filter.
- From the Filter on Job Code dialog, select one or more jobs in the left-hand column and either double-click, or select the > (Add Selected) button. Then select OK.
Add the following fields to the report:
- Phase Code. This allows you to see all the phases for the selected job(s).
- Cost Type. This shows the different cost types for the job.
- Projected Cost. This allows you to see projected costs organized by cost type.
- Cost. This allows you to see actual costs for the job.
These fields allow you to see which phases have the highest costs versus what was projected.
You can now determine the percentage complete by using a calculated measure.
Right-click the Cost field in the report and select .
The Create Calculated Measure dialog appears. From here, you can make a calculation to percentage complete (cost / projected cost).
- In the Display Name field, enter a name for the calculation (for example, "% Complete") that will appear in the report.
- In the Format field, select Percentage.
- Use the list of measures and the buttons to create a calculation. For percantage complete, click the division button and then double-click ProjectedEstimated Cost. The calculation window should show the following: [Measures].[Cost]/[Measures].[Projected Cost].
- Save the report.
- Click the Save icon.
- In the Filename field, enter
a file name for your report.Note: File names cannot include spaces at the beginning or end, and cannot include forward or back slashes: /, \.
- Double-click the folder icon next to the
field to navigate to a folder for the report, and then click Save. From the Save dialog, the My Reports folder displays the user login, and the Public Reports folder displays the name of your enterprise.