Example Report: Show Material Commitments
You can create a report to view material commitments for a project.
- From the Viewpoint Analytics
Reports page, navigate to the folder for your
report.Note: Reports in the My Reports folder are only available to the user who creates them. Reports in thePublic Reports folder are available throughout your enterprise.Tip: If you create a report in the My Reports folder and want to make it available in the Public Reports folder, you can open the report, select the Additional Options button , and then Copy Report to save a copy of the report to Public Reports. Note that this requires an Analytics role of Admin.
- Select the Add button
in the upper right-hand corner.The Select Data Source dialog appears.
Select the Materials data source, and
then select OK.
The New Report page appears.
- Add the Job Code field to the report by double-clicking it or by dragging it to the layout pane.
Filter on on the Job Code to see only the job(s)
you're interested in.
- In the Job Code field, select the Additional Options button , and then select Filter.
- From the Filter on Job Code dialog, select one or more jobs in the left-hand column and either double-click, or select the > (Add Selected) button. Then select OK.
Add the Phase Code field to the
report by double-clicking it or by dragging it to the layout pane.
Tip: To include a description of each Phase Code, in the Cost Type field, select the Additional Options button ,and then select .
Add the following fields to the report:
- Ordered Quantity
- Received Quantity
- Ordered Amount
- Open Commitment
- Save the report.
- Click the Save icon.
- In the Filename field, enter
a file name for your report.Note: File names cannot include spaces at the beginning or end, and cannot include forward or back slashes: /, \.
- Double-click the folder icon next to the
field to navigate to a folder for the report, and then click Save. From the Save dialog, the My Reports folder displays the user login, and the Public Reports folder displays the name of your enterprise.