Create an Earthwork Estimate
Create an Earthwork estimate to determine the estimated cost of an Earthwork job. You can then use the estimate as a basis for a bid.
- Optional: If needed, modify PDF files to prepare them for import using the Advanced Image Management screen.
- On the Manage Eathwork Estimates, create a new Earthwork estimate job.
- Optional: If you haven't already done so, set your preferences.
- Optional: If needed, modify the settings for your images, set the location of the drawing on the digitizer, or import digital plans.
- Use the Earthwork tools to set defaults and limits to simplify the estimating process.
- Use the Layer Manager to add and manage the layers for the job.
- Digitize lines, spot elevations, and soil borings using the Takeoff tab.
- Digitize areas such as site perimeter, job phase, or borrow pit and determine the cut and fill required using the Area tab.
- Digitize trenches including the trench dimensions, pipes, and bedding materials.
- Using the Len/EA tab, digitize lengths and counts to add items such as waterlines, fences, trees, and hydrants to the Earthwork estimate.
- Optional: View the jobsite in 3D to get a better understanding of the jobsite.
- Optional: View the jobsite in cross sections using the Section Tab.
- View the jobsite in a grid to calculate cut and fill quantities.
- Summarize the Earthwork estimate to view the job totals.
- Use the Layout tab to send information about the job to the field.