Recalculate the Estimate
You can recalculate an estimate by recalculating all items or financial items only.
When you recalculate all items, Viewpoint Estimating recalculates all assemblies, financial items, and totals, taking into account any change since the last time you calculated. In addition, Viewpoint Estimating completely refreshes the estimate and removes any temporary sorts or filters applied.
When you recalculate financial items only, Viewpoint Estimating updates estimate totals based only on changes to financial cost items. This feature is particularly useful on bid day, when you may be required to quickly apply financial changes and Make Bid Day Adjustments the bottom line total to meet your deadline. After bid day, it is recommended that you recalculate all items in the estimate before sending the estimate data to accounting.
If the Total at the bottom of the estimate is red, the estimate has changed and the total may need to be recalculated. However, the Total may not change when you recalculate.
To open a job in the Manage Estimates screen, click OK.in the All Tasks pane. Then select the job you want to open, and click
- Multiple users can work on the same job in the Estimating tab at the same time. The last person to perform an edit function to an estimate item will have the data retained.
- Any sorts a user performs are temporary unless the job is set to Exclusive mode, which allows you to save sorts. Moving items also requires the job to be set to exclusive, or the move will be temporary.
- To turn Exclusive mode on, get all other users to close the job, then click Set Job Exclusive. Make the changes to the estimate, then turn Exclusive mode off by clicking Set Job Exclusive again.
- You can also lock a job, which not only turns on Exclusive mode, it prevents other users from editing the job. Note that all users can view a locked job. To lock a job, get all other users to close the job, then click Lock Job. To unlock a job, click Lock Job again.
- Any filters performed in the Estimate tab are only seen by the user performing the filter.
- You will see changes occur in real-time by changing tabs in the Manage Estimates screen or by refreshing the Estimate tab.