Update Cost Items Using Global Update
Use the Global Update feature on the Estimate tab, to update selected cost items. The global update enables you to update multiple cost items with the same information at the same time.
There are a number of update actions you can perform, depending on the information you are updating. For example, you can:
- add an additional 10% to the cost of all concrete cost items in the estimate.
- replace the unit for all 2x4 lumber from inches to linear feet.
- add text to the end of the description for all subcontract cost items.
Specify which items in the estimate to update by choosing one of the following options:
Select all items
Select items individually
Query to select cost items that match specified criteria
To open a job in the Manage Estimates screen, click OK.in the All Tasks pane. Then select the job you want to open, and click
- Multiple users can work on the same job in the Estimating tab at the same time. The last person to perform an edit function to an estimate item will have the data retained.
- Any sorts a user performs are temporary unless the job is set to Exclusive mode, which allows you to save sorts. Moving items also requires the job to be set to exclusive, or the move will be temporary.
- To turn Exclusive mode on, get all other users to close the job, then click Set Job Exclusive. Make the changes to the estimate, then turn Exclusive mode off by clicking Set Job Exclusive again.
- You can also lock a job, which not only turns on Exclusive mode, it prevents other users from editing the job. Note that all users can view a locked job. To lock a job, get all other users to close the job, then click Lock Job. To unlock a job, click Lock Job again.
- Any filters performed in the Estimate tab are only seen by the user performing the filter.
- You will see changes occur in real-time by changing tabs in the Manage Estimates screen or by refreshing the Estimate tab.