Verify the Estimate
Verify the estimate to check for common mistakes or oversights you may have made such as empty assemblies, missing WBS codes, or cost items without a cost because they have either zero quantity or zero unit price.
You can select which features of the estimate you want to verify and you can perform multiple verifications at one time. You can verify an estimate at any time.
To open a job in the Manage Estimates screen, click OK.in the All Tasks pane. Then select the job you want to open, and click
- Multiple users can work on the same job in the Estimating tab at the same time. The last person to perform an edit function to an estimate item will have the data retained.
- Any sorts a user performs are temporary unless the job is set to Exclusive mode, which allows you to save sorts. Moving items also requires the job to be set to exclusive, or the move will be temporary.
- To turn Exclusive mode on, get all other users to close the job, then click Set Job Exclusive. Make the changes to the estimate, then turn Exclusive mode off by clicking Set Job Exclusive again.
- You can also lock a job, which not only turns on Exclusive mode, it prevents other users from editing the job. Note that all users can view a locked job. To lock a job, get all other users to close the job, then click Lock Job. To unlock a job, click Lock Job again.
- Any filters performed in the Estimate tab are only seen by the user performing the filter.
- You will see changes occur in real-time by changing tabs in the Manage Estimates screen or by refreshing the Estimate tab.