Download Estimating Install Files
The installation files are available on the Viewpoint Customer Portal.
Determine which files to download:
Determine which installation file you should download based on whether your dedicated server-based network has the full version of Microsoft SQL installed or the SQL Express version installed.
|Type of server-based network
|Files to Download
|No Microsoft SQL Server installed
|Microsoft SQL Server
installed (with Reporting Services)
Important: The person who installs and manages the server database must have the appropriate levels of experience with and/or knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
Download the installation files:
- Go to the Viewpoint Customer Portal at https://support.viewpoint.com/s/.
- Log in using your Viewpoint Customer Portal username and password.
- From the Home page, select .Note: Your Viewpoint Estimating™ install files are organized this way because Viewpoint Estimating uses the same install files as are used for the ProContractor application.
- Select the appropriate installation (.EXE) file,
click Download, and
save the file to a known location that you can navigate to later when you are
ready to run the installation.Important: You must first save the installation file. Do not attempt to run the installation file from the folder location.
- If you are upgrading Estimating, the next step is to Log Users Out Automatically.
- If this is your first time installing the SQL Express server version, the next step is to Install Viewpoint Estimating™ on the Server.
- If this is your first time installing the Standard SQL Server version, the next step is to Configure Reporting Services.