Viewpoint Estimating Install and Upgrade Overview
Whether you are installing your application for the first time or upgrading, before you begin, read this Overview page, as well as the information on the linked pages.
If you are installing the application for the first time:
- You may ignore instructions referring to service packs and upgrades.
- Review the Pre-Installation Checklist.
- Review the Release Notes for the latest version in the What's New section of the Help.
- Review the Hardware and Software Requirements.
- At the server, and at each applicable workstation, Download Estimating Install Files.
- If you are upgrading the server version of the application and if users are logged into the system, prompt them to log out. See Log Users Out Automatically.
- Choose one:
- If needed, Configure Reporting Services and Apply and Activate Your Server License.
- If you are installing for the first time, install Viewpoint Estimating on each workstation designated to connect to the server. See Install Viewpoint Estimating™ on a Workstation.
- If you are upgrading, choose one of the following
methods for propagating the upgrade to each workstation:
- Upgrade the application at each workstation that connects to the Viewpoint Estimating server.
- Set up the server to automatically push the upgrade to each workstation.
- If you want to make changes to the Estimating-compatible options you're already installed, or want to install one or more for the first time, see Install Compatible Applications.
- Review the Viewpoint Estimating SQL Server Tuning Guidelines.
- Review the list of Considerations after Upgrading.