Create a Checklist Lookup
To begin creating a Checklist lookup you must follow the steps below.
- Select .
- Under Select a Lookup, the drop-down allows you to create a new lookup, or select previously created lookups for editing. To create new lookup, select Add New Lookup from the drop-down.
- Enter a Lookup Name. Select Add.
- Create the values of your lookup manually or use SQL to override the choices available.
- Manually Create Values
- For each of your lookup items, enter a database value and a display value. The display value will be what users see when selecting items.
- Use the arrows on the right of your items to manage what order they display in.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox to hide items from the lookup without having to delete them entirely.
- You must click the Add button to add each item to your lookup after entering the database and display values.
SQL Choices Override
Create a Query for Lookups
Create a query that matches the image below.
All selected columns must be data type varchar.
The FROM Clause is fully qualified [database].[dbo].[table].
The first selected column represents the Database Value.
The second selected column represents the Label in the drop-down.