Create and Edit a Field Ticket
Field tickets allow you to combine a Grid Timecard, Daily Report, Progress Entry, and Material Usage.
- Select .
To create a new field ticket, select New Ticket, enter the date,
the project, and phase, then select Create Ticket. To access
details for an existing ticket, select the ticket date on the dashboard.
Only unsubmitted tickets may be edited.Note: Once the ticket is loaded, the ticket number displays in the upper right of the screen. The ticket number is assigned based on the Next Field Ticket value in Vista's JC Company Parameters. If no value is specified in Next Field Ticket, the next highest ticket number in the system is used.
To copy details from a previous ticket, select
Pre-Load in the
upper right of the screen. Pre-load pulls in Labor and Equipment, but not
Material or Production.
- Select the date to copy.
- Select the ticket to copy.
To enter JC Field Ticket information, select the
Note: If any UD fields were added to the Field Tickets tab on the JC Contract Master, those fields also display.
- Enter a Description for the field ticket and an Owner Job No (the owner's job number or AFE-Authority for Expenditure number).
- In Ordered By, enter the name of the person who ordered/called in this ticket.
In Customer PO, select
the customer purchase order number.
notNote: Customer POs must have been set up on the Customer POs tab in Vista's JC Contract Master in order for them to display in this drop-down.
- In Contact and Phone fields, enter the name and phone number for the person to contact regarding the field ticket.
- Update address as needed. Address fields default to the address shown on Vista's JC Contract Master. If entered, the override billing address is used first. If no override billing address was entered, the customer billing address is used.
- Add attachments as needed.
Select the Info section header to
expand the general information section of the field ticket.
Note: This feature is not available if your company is set to Australia or Canada (portal setting Country Code for date format).
- Select the (Auto fill Weather) to populate the Weather, Wind, TempLow, and TempHigh fields based on the delivery address of the job.
- Select (Link to Weather) to find the posted weather for the delivery address of that job that day.
To enter payroll, select the Payroll section header.
Note: If the payroll section does not display on your ticket, a Timecard batch has not been opened in the portal for the date of your ticket. Contact the Timecard Admin (usually assigned to payroll) for assistance.
Select the employees and enter the number
of hours they worked per Earn Code.
- If Crews are enabled, you will be able to select a crew from the drop-down and automatically add all crew members to your entry automatically. Crews available in the drop-down are based on permissions assigned by your System or Security Admin.
If bulk adding time, you will be able to select an earn code from the drop-down and then enter hours per shift. Earn codes available in the drop-down are based on the first employee listed in the Employee drop-down (the logged-in user may not be in the same PR group selected for the field ticket).
- Select Add to add the employees to the timecard.
- If multi-day field tickets are enabled, you will be able to add and enter time for multiple days on the same field ticket by post date. To add post dates to the field ticket, select Add Day and choose the days to add to the timecard. Then enter time as usual.
Note: For field tickets with timecard lines, the field ticket number is saved to Vista's PR Timecard Entry.
- Select the employees and enter the number of hours they worked per Earn Code.
To enter Equipment, select the Equipment section header.
- In the Equipment field, begin typing to search for equipment.
- Select a piece of equipment, and enter the Usage units.
- Select Add to add the equipment to the entry.
- Enter a Rev Code.
Note: For field tickets with equipment usage, the field ticket number is saved to Vista's PR Timecard Entry.
To enter material usage, select the Material Usage section
- Select Add Material Use. A pop-up window opens.
In the drop-down at the top of the window,
select whether to add material usage from inventory or miscellaneous
- For miscellaneous material, set the Standard Material to On if you want to enter standard material (material from your HQ Materials in Vista. Set this toggle to Off to enter non-standard materials.
- For standard material, the unit of measure (UM) and Unit Cost will default from what is on file, allowing you to add the number of units for the phase.
- For non-standard material, the unit of measure Material has a character limit of 10 and Description has a character limit of 60 (Vista standard).
- When entering material from inventory, select your Inventory Location and begin typing in the Material field to search. The Description, unit of measure (UM), and Unit Cost default based on the information on file.
- When you are finished, select Save.
To make a progress entry, select the Progress section
- In Phase, select the phase and cost type to add to your card.
- Select Add Item.
- Update the unit of measure (UM) and Newly Completed information.
To add signatures to your Field Ticket, select the
- Complete the name box above the signature section.
- If applicable, select Sign as Current User, to populate your own name.
- If you entered a name, you can select Generate Signature to create a signature automatically based on that name.
- Required fields must be completed before you can submit the ticket.
- To download the ticket as a PDF, select View PDF.
To cancel a ticket, select Delete Ticket. Tickets can be
deleted only if they are unsubmitted.
Note: If you are accessing Field Management from a mobile device or in a mobile view on a web browser, the View PDF, Copy, and Delete options are available from the Action drop-down button.
- When you are finished with your Ticket select Submit Ticket.