Job Assignment Configuration
The Job Assignment module allows you to add to and/or use existing Job Security to limit the Jobs available in the portal.
- Select .
Modify portal setting Job Data Security Mode (0 - Off, 1 - On,
fail open, 2 - On, fail closed, 3 - On, use allocations only, no
VP). This setting will allow you to choose how you are going to
limit your job lists in the portal.
- 0 = Off. This is the default setting, meaning that everyone can see all Jobs
- 1 = those assigned to a Security Group can only see Jobs they are assigned to. Those who are not assigned to a security group, will see all jobs. This mode will use both Job Security assigned in the portal and bJob Security in Vista.
- 2 = those assigned to a Security Group can only see Jobs they are assigned to, those who are not assigned will see no Jobs. This mode will use both Job Security assigned in the portal and bJob Security in Vista.
- 3 = use portal allocations (Job Assignments) and ignore bJob Security configured in Vista. This mode will only use Job Security assigned in the portal through Job Assignment. Those not assigned will not be able to access any Jobs.
- If you would like the Job Assignments made in the portal to create bJob security groups and assign employees into the group memberships, enable portal setting Job Data Secuirty (bJob) link, found in . You do not need to enable this setting to use Job Assignments.
To assign access to the Job Assignment module, select Field. Assign Job
Allocation access to those who will need to modify the
and filter to Now that you have configured this module your users will be able to access Job Allocation and make assignments. If you are the user who will be making the Job Assignments, log out and log back in before continuing to Manage Job Assignments.