Create a Purchase Order
Creating a Purchase Order begins with creating a header and then line Types. When you submit a Purchase Order in the portal the PO is processed in Vista.
- In the header, select the PO Company for the PO and
enter the Purpose.
Note: You will not be able to save your header until you have entered a purpose.
- If your PO needs to go through Receiving, turn receiving on. This may be defaulted on or off per your Company’s preference.
- Select your Vendor for your PO. The Vendor drop-down populates with the top 10 vendors used on processed PO's, if your vendor is not in the drop-down you can select the globe icon to search your company’s AP Vendor Master
- If your PO will only have job lines to one Job, enter the Job in the header. If you will have multiple lines to different jobs or different line types on your PO, leave this blank.
- Select Save. After you have saved your PO you will be
able to add line items.
- If you need to delete your header, select the down arrow next to the blue save button and select Delete Header. If your PO has line items this will delete your whole PO.
- Selecting the green drop-down to select your Line Type. You will be able to enter the appropriate information per line type, all fields in red must be filled out in order to save your PO. At the bottom or to the far right of your line item (depending on your screen size) you will be able to Edit Notes, Copy Item, or Delete.
- After you have entered all required information you will be able to assign your PO. This will give you the PO number, but will not submit the PO in Vista.
- When you are finished with your PO select Submit PO.
This will process the PO in Vista. Note: You will not be able to modify the PO in the portal after this point, but you will be able to find the details and View Item Details and Print the PO under the Processed Purchase Orders on the PO Dashboard.Purchase Orders can be found in Vista in HQ Batch Control with an attached audit report. The Purchase Order Audit Report shows the company, month, and batch ID and provides information on the phases that were updated in the batch.