Purchase Order Configuration
Before you can start using the Purchase Order module you will need to review settings in Vista and Configure settings in your portal.
- In Vista, select . On the Requisition Info tab, you will need to make sure you uncheck the Approval Required on RQ for Purchase setting. If this setting is left checked, you will not be able to submit Purchase Orders through the portal.
- In Vista, select and confirm that the Purchase Order Number section is configured to your preferences.
- Select and confirm the KDSUser has access to all datatype security groups. The portal will not be ale to add POs without this. If there is no KDSUser in VA User Profiles, it must be added and given access to all datatype security groups.
- If you would like users to be able to modify the GL Accounts in Pending PO for
jobs or equipment, enable the following settings in Vista:
- For jobs, select Allow GL Account Override when posting costs. , check box for
- For equipment, select Allow GL Account Override. , check box for
In the portal, select
. Enable the PO Companies users will be able to create purchase
orders from with portal setting Enabled PO Companies.
- If your Companies operate separately you can enable Restricts PO Company to the Company of the logged in user ( ).
- Enter line type numbers in portal setting Line Types to enable in PO () . Only the line types enabled in this setting will be available when creating POs, PO Requisitions, and Pending POs. Use 1 for Job, 2 for Inventory, 3 for Expenses, 4 for Equipment, 5 for EM Work Order, 6 for SM Work Order.
- Set-up your company restrictions with the following portal settings: Enabled
EMCo for lookups, Enabled GLCo for lookups, Enabled INCo for lookups, Enabled
JCCo for lookups ().
- If you need to limit the Line Type Companies based on the PO’s header you can enable portal setting Restrict companies (JCCo, EMCo, etc.) on PO Items to match the header POCo ( ).
- Select License Type of Field Management or Financial Controls to ensure your counts are added correctly. , filter to PO. For each user who will be creating PO's, select the
- Continuing on the User Access page, assign the PO permissions to your users as
Note: If you are planning to enable PO Requisitions, PO Pending, or PO Receiving you do not need to enable any of the PO permissions listed above unless you will also have users who will be able to fully create POs. For details see PO Requisition Configuration, PO Pending Configuration, and PO Receiving Configuration.
- The Create PO column gives a user access to the PO Dashboard and the ability to fully create a purchase order from the portal.
- The Create MO column allows users to also be able to create Material Orders. Users must have Create PO enabled in order to create a material order.
- The Quick PO column allows users to create a header for a PO and access the PO number. The user will be able to later go into the PO Dashboard and access their Reserved PO and submit. Users will need Create PO access in order to finish completing the PO.
Review other settings in
. These settings are not required but may contain features or
options you may want to modify.Note: If you have enabled the Quick PO feature for any users you will want to review the settings in .