Submit a Pending Purchase Order
Use the steps below to submit a Pending PO in the portal.
- You can also start this process from the PO Dashboard by selecting +New and selecting New Pending PO.
- Enter the Company, Order Date (defaults to today’s date), Expected Date (date you wish to receive), and Description of the purchase order.
- Enter the vendor. The Vendor drop-down populates with the top 10 vendors used on processed POs. If your vendor is not in the drop-down, you can select the Globe icon to search your company’s AP Vendors.
- If all line items in the PO will be charged to a job, enter the Job field in the header. Leave this field blank, if you have multiple lines for different jobs in your PO.
- Select Save Header.
- To select your line types, select the green drop-down. Required line type fields display in red.
- When you are finished with your line items, select Save.
- Scroll up to the header at the top of the page, then select View Workflow to preview PO approvers or the approval history.
- To include an existing shipping address from Vista PO Shipping Locations, select the Shipping Info button. An Edit Shipping Info pop-up window displays. Select an address from the Shipping Location drop-down menu.
- When you are finished, select Submit for Approval. This
sends the PO out for approval. You can check the status of the PO on the
- Email notifications for PO Pending come from Vista Workflow. If the Pending PO is not submitted, only the creator can see it in the Pending Purchase Orders page.
- When your PO has been Approved, the PO will be
auto-processed and created.Note: If you do not want Pending POs to be auto-processed, enable portal setting Restrict Pending PO Processing to PO Admins to prevent auto-processing by non-admins.