How to Reenable Location Tracking in a Browser
If you have previously blocked location tracking in your browser, but want the portal to be able to track your location when clocking in or out, you will need to re-enable location tracking for the portal in your browser.
This process varies slightly between browsers as your browser may store the settings in another location. This article will give an example of adjusting the location tracking for an iPhone, and Google Chrome on a computer. If you need additional assistance, use an internet search engine to look up "how to change location tracking for _________" with your browser and/or device listed.
Example 1: Chrome on a computer
- Open up your browser and select the three dots on the
top right to view your browser options. Click Settings.
- In the Privacy and Security section, select Site Settings.
- Under Permissions, select Location.
- Confirm your portal is listed in the websites to
If it is listed in the Block
section, simply delete the record to unblock it.
- If it is the first time you have navigated to the site,
or the first time after deleting the Block record for the portal, you will
most likely see a pop up similar to the one below. Click Allow.
Example 2: on an iPhone
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings application. Navigate down and tap on Privacy.
- Within the Privacy section, tap on Location Services. Location services must be turned on.
- Scroll down to your browser and tap it to set location access for that specific device. Enable access.
- Even if you have location services set to allow, you
will still be prompted for permission on the portal webpage itself. You will
see something similar to the example below. Click OK.