Grid Timecard User Guide
The grid timecard allows you to enter your time on a grid. This is often used to enter multiple employees but can also be used for individual entry.
- If you only have permission to enter time for yourself, navigate to . If you have permission to enter time for others, navigate to .
Select a pay period from the Pay Period
If you have permission to enter for multiple payroll groups, you will see pay periods for your payroll group as well as those other payroll groups.
- If you have multiple templates, you can select the correct tempalte from the Template drop-down.
- If crews are enabled, a Crew drop-down displays. You can use this drop-down to select a crew.
From the Employee drop-down, select the employee or
employees whose time you want to enter.
You can select one employee or multiple employees by clicking individual employee names, or click Select All to add all employees to the grid timecard.
- If a Type drop-down displays, you can filter your card between different Line Types (Job, Service, and Mechanic). This limits the fields on your card to only fields assigned to that line type.
To clone time that was entered in a previous grid
timecard, select Clone Grid
Timecard pop-up displays, allowing you to select one of the
- Clone Entire Timecard: Allows you to clone all time that was entered in a previous pay period. This option is best for a weekly grid timecard.
- Clone a Specific Day: Allows you to clone time
from a specific date or days in a pay period. This option is best for a
daily grid timecard (meaning you have a template for each day in your
pay period). Select the Template you want to
clone from, and then select the Clone From
date.Note: If you have not yet entered time on the template you are trying to clone from, there will be nothing in the Clone From drop-down.
- Clone by Employee(s): Allows you to select the employees to add to your timecard. The employees do not have to have been on your previous timecard, as long as you have permission to enter for them. If you do not have permission to clone for other employees, this field is limited to just you.
To enter new lines select the
+Row button, enter all pertinent fields, and select
Note: If you do not have access to enter time for others, the Employee field will only allow you to enter for yourself. If you do not have access to enter time for others but should, please contact your Administrator.
To copy a line on your grid timecard to another employee, select the Copy button on the far right
of your grid (you may need to scroll to see the button). A pop-up window opens
where you can select the employees to copy the selected line to.
Note: You can copy lines only to those employees that you have access to. If you are not permitted to enter time for others, you will not see this feature.
- If Crew Management is enabled for your card, you will see the Add Crew drop-down when you select Copy. First, add a row to the grid in order to see the Copy button. Then select a crew in the pop-up window. This copies your line to all employees assigned to your crew. Crews available in this drop-down are based on assignments made by your System or Security Admin.
- Select Use employee's default Earncode when copying lines for one or more employees on the grid timecard. The copied lines will populate fields with the employee's default information on a Crew Copy or Line Copy. This applies to any field on the grid timecard.
- To remove a line from the grid timecard, select the x Delete button at the end of your timecard line (you may need to scroll to see the button).
- If you are entering time for multiple employees and want to review one employee’s lines, use the Employee filter at the top of your grid to select that employee. The grid refreshes to show only the lines entered for that employee.
To send timecard lines for approval, you must
submit time. Once a timecard is submitted, you can no longer edit those timecard
lines, unless the card is rejected or unsubmitted.
Note: Your Timecard Admin may choose to lock your card before you have submitted it in order to process time.
- To submit time for all employees on your card, select .
- If a signature is required for each employee, you will need to filter your card by the employee, then select Submit. . This will bring a Timecard Submission pop-up for the employee to review, sign, and select
- If your card is not filled out properly, you will receive an error.
To view a video on grid timecard entry, see Submit a Grid Timecard - Video.