Review Timecards in Job Approval
The Job Approval page allows those who are assigned to a Job (via JC Jobs or PM Projects) to review, edit, approve or reject timecard lines assigned to their jobs. Service line types also route for approval through Job Approval. If there is a reviewer on the SM Work Order, time is routed to that reviewer. If not, time is routed to the reviewer on the SM Service Center.
- If you have items to approve, you will see a flag next to Job Time Approval in Job Time Approval to review items.. Select
- Filter your page to the pay period and payroll group you want to review.Note: You will only have access to Payroll groups that have (a) Job Approval Configured and (b) have submitted job lines for jobs you are assigned to or the work orders you are assigned to as a reviewer (if reviewing service time).
- Use the filters at the top to change your view on
the grid below. For example, if you want to only see timecard lines entered for
a specific user you can use the Employee filter. Or if you only want to see lines for a
specific job use the Job filter. A Crew filter is available to job approvers with access to crews
if the Grid Timecard setting Enable Copy by Crew has been selected.Note: If users are clocking in or out through Time Worked, you will be able to see start and stop times when the grid is filtered to a specific employee. Time clock entries with a photo attached display as blue hyperlinks.
- To see how many hours and what earncodes an Employee was entered on for this
pay period, select the plus button in front of their name.
- Make the necessary changes. Fields that are grayed out may not be edited.
- To delete zero (0) hour timecard lines, select
Delete on the line
showing zero hours:
Note: To allow Approvers to delete timecard lines with zero hours, use the advanced portal setting User Group for Job Approvers that are able to Delete Timecard Lines ( ).
- For multi-day timecard lines that show some days with hours and some days with zero hours, only the days with zero hours are deleted.
- Approvers can also change days with hours to zero hours and then delete the zero hour lines as needed.
- When you are finished making changes, select Save.Note: If you change the job entered on the card to another job that you are not assigned to, the line will be removed from your Job Approval page and will move to Job Approval page of whomever is assigned to that job.
- If you need to split a line, scroll to the far right of line and select Duplicate. This will duplicate the line allowing you to modify both lines. Select Save after you have finished making your changes.
- When you reject a line, it will unsubmit the timecard (and all lines on that
card) for that user. This is to allow them to make changes and re-submit. When
rejecting you will need to select a rejection reason and add a rejection note to
help the employee or the user who entered the card make the necessary changes.
Both the note and the Rejection Reason will appear in the rejection email that
gets sent out approximately 15 minutes after you select Finalize.
- Before you select Finalize and Confirm you can un-do your changes by selecting the Undo button ().
- To mark all lines with the same Rejection Reason and Note, select .
- To approve a line you can select the green check to the left of the line. If you want to approve all lines that have not been marked, select .
- If you would like a PDF of the lines before you Finalize select .
- When you are finished making your adjustments, select Finalize. After this action, all lines that were approved or
rejected will be removed from the Job Approval page.All changes made in Job Approval will update all associated timecards in the portal and the PR Timecard Entry batch in Vista.Details on who approved the job lines can be found in the printout of the submitted timecard.