Configure Mechanic Fields on a Grid Timecard
Your Grid Timecard can be configured to allow users to enter time on multiple Line Types (Job, Service, and Mechanic). To do so, you will need to modify your Grid Layout to add the Mechanic fields as well as the “Type” field.
- If you haven’t completed the configuration steps for the Grid Timecard, see Grid Timecard Settings.
- Select . Filter to the company and payroll group you want to add the Mechanic card to.
- Add the Mechanic Card fields (EMCo, Equipment, and Cost Code) as well as the “Type” field to the Row Groups of your Grid Layout.
The Type field adds a filter to the top of the
page that allows users to limit the fields on their Grid to only those related.
Select “All Types” from this drop-down to see all timecard lines and fields but
fields not applicable to the line type on that line will appear grayed out and
- If you need to add Work Orders you will need the fields WO, and WO Item.
- If users need to include Component, you will need Component and Component Type.
- When users are entering time on a Mechanic line they are limited to only fields
that are assigned to that Line type. To modify (add or remove) fields from this
Line type select the Advanced button on the Grid Timecard Settings page () and modify the Line Types drop-down for that field. If you want
the Equipment field to default based on the selected work order, enable Auto
Select under Equipment field advanced settings.Note: If you can’t enter a field on this line type in Vista, do not enable it for your line type or users will not be able to save time.
- To choose the default Line Type for the filter at the top of the Grid Timecard
page modify the Default Line Type setting on the Grid
Timecard Settings page. If you would like Mechanic lines to be your default,
changes this to Mechanic.After you have configured your timecard you will need to test the new layout in the company and payroll group you have configured it for.