Change How Users Log In to the Portal
By default, users log in to the portal with their employee number and a password that they create. To select a different login method, use the Login Mode portal setting.
- Select .
- Select Windows Authentication Login.
Locate the Log in mode setting and select an option:
1 = Vista Employee # Only
Default setting that allows users to log in with their Vista Employee number and the password that they created during enrollment. See Register for the Portal for details.
- 2 = Windows / Active Directory OnlyIf you use Windows authentication to log in to Vista, you can use that same login and password to access the portal.Important: Do not enable this setting without configuring your LDAP Domain and path. See Enable Windows Authentication Login for details.
- 3 = BothAllows users to have a Windows AND an Employee number login.
- Users will be able to switch login modes by selecting Login with Windows account or Login with Employee #.
- To choose a default login mode, modify the setting Default log in to use on Log in Screen ( .
- You can select this option in order to test Windows logins.
- 4 = SSOAllows you to link your Portal to your existing single sign-on system (SSO). All users will log in to your portal this way.Important: BEFORE selecting this option, ensure that you have completed the following steps or you may lock yourself out of your portal:
- Link your portal to your SSO. See Single Sign-On Configuration for details.
- Test the login in your SSO environment and verify that it works.