Deduct Lunch Breaks Automatically
Set up your Field Time Console and idClock environments to deduct lunch breaks automatically.
- Log into Enterprise Framework.
- Select the Products tab.
- In the Products list, locate the idClock environment that you want to update.
- In the Environments column for that product, click Configure.
- On the Environments page, click the Environment ID to display environment configurations.
- In the list of settings, scroll to TimeClockAutoLunchAmount.
In the Configured Value column, enter the amount of time
to deduct for lunch breaks.
Use decimal format to enter fractions of an hour. For example, to deduct a 30-minute lunch break automatically, enter .5 as the Configured Value. To deduct an hour for lunch, enter 1.
- In the list of settings, scroll to TimeClockAutoLunchThreshold.
In the Configured Value column, enter the number of
hours an employee must work consecutively in order for the system to deduct
- If the value is set to 8 hours and an employee clocks in at 8:00 a.m. and punches out at 4:30 p.m., the lunch amount is deducted automatically when time entries are distributed.
- However, if the same employee clocks out for lunch at 12:00 noon and back in at 12:30, the system creates two separate time records. One record for the 4 hours worked in the morning and another for the 4 hours worked in the afternoon. The system does not apply the 30-minute lunch amount in this case because the employee did not work 8 consecutive hours.
- Click Save .
- In the Products list, select the Field Time Console environment that you want to update, and repeat steps 4-10.
- Open Field Time Console.
- Click the Manage Time tab.
- Select a resource group, payroll group, and pay period.
- Click Save .
Select each employee to apply the lunch deduction to, and distribute time to
the appropriate phases.
The first time you save the employee's record, the system deducts the lunch amount from the time that is left to distribute.