Override System Fields
Use conditional statements to customize field settings for specific situations. A Viewpoint Professional Services consultant typically assists in setting up these customizations.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Select System Management in the left pane.
- Choose System Fields Overrides.
- At the top of the screen, select the module whose fields you want to override. For example, Distribution Details.
In the grid, select a Resource Type:
- For Collection Type, choose a time entry unit. For example, Hours.
- Select the Field to override under the specified conditions. For example, CraftCode.
To customize the field name, enter the new name in
the Label and
If any fields have default labels, such as COU1 (Company) or COU2 (Job), those defaults will be overwritten with the label you enter here.
- If this field should display during time entry, select the box for Show in UI.
- If users must enter information for this field, select the Required check box.
- Click Save .