Set Up Polling Groups
Polling groups allow idClock to collect records from time clocks and devices, put them in chronological order, and process them as time clock events.
- Select the Terminals tab.
In the upper left of the screen, select a time
clock to administer.
Devices must be activated on the Preferences tab in order to display in this list.
- To the right of the time clock field, choose Polling Groups from the drop-down.
Click Add Terminal Group to create
the polling group.
Polling groups are set as Active by default.idClock collects time records only for active polling groups with the Poll check box selected.
- Enter a name for the polling group in the Description field.
Click Add Terminal to add clock
information for the polling group.
Links to time clocks are set as Active by default.
- Enter a Description for the specific time clock.
- Enter the IP address used to connect to that time clock. Your IT department provides this information.
- Select a company, job, or phase if you want to poll a clock based on any or all of these factors.
Use the Configure in push mode? field
to indicate if your time clock sends records to idClock in real time.
You might use this setting if the communication speed between idClock and the device is slow and the direct polling method locks up the device for too long.
- The Last Poll Date field shows the most recent date on which the device was polled. This field cannot be changed.
- Click Save.
- Add more terminals as needed for this clock.